Position Description: Scrum Master utilizes Agile techniques such as User Stories, Agile Test Driven
Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing and
Refactoring and facilitates the scrum team meetings. Provides day-to-day coaching of
developers, business analysts and QA analysts to improve productivity in the design,
development, test and deployment of web-based products. Responsible for analyzing,
researching, designing, testing and deploying user-centered interfaces for COI’s Energy
Cloud services. Demonstrated competency with software build tools, processes, and
maintain and monitor production web-based services through use of agile software
development practice. Develop and enhance sprints for COI’s products including:
Demand Response, Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, and Incentives and Rebates,
using proprietary cloud-based software (OptimizeDR™, OptimizeEE™, OptimizeRE™,
Essential Functions And Duties
To be successful in this position, the Scrum Master must proficiently:
- Manage the overall Agile process of the project and develop project scope, goals,
work plans, timelines, and implementation strategies.
- Develop schedule based on methodology that has been created with identifiable
platform dependencies, major milestones, agreed project User Stories, Agile Test
Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Backlogs,
Schedules, Automated Testing and Refactoring ensuring successful completion
within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters.
- Facilitate and organize retrospectives and adapt project scope, schedules, and
resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging
requirements and risks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering and/or relevant education and
- Experienced Scrum Master with a minimum of 3 years of demonstrated competency
in performing the essential functions and duties (e.g. must be able to demonstrate
90% of those outlined above).
- Verifiable organization and time management skills emphasizing capability to work
on multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Hold team members accountable, establish clear sprint performance standards,
resolve sprint performance issues and keep team engaged and on task.