Director of Business Affairs & Contracts
Director of Business Affairs & Contracts - Job Description
Corestream (corestream.com) is seeking a Director of Business Affairs & Contracts to manage contract negotiations and document processes. This person will review, revise, draft, and negotiate agreements and modifications. They will provide advice to Sales, Technology, Marketing and other related departments regarding business issues/risks. They will negotiate strategic initiative agreements, assist in developing mitigation strategies, and negotiate to obtain favorable contract terms. This person will identify process improvements and implement continuous improvement initiatives. They will perform contract compliance functions including the review of agreements, implementation of terms and audit of selected databases. If this sounds like you, read on…
Corestream is headquartered in Tampa, FL.
● Reviews and negotiates standard agreements and contracts
● Performs contract compliance functions including the review of agreements against business reality to ensure proper application of terms, audit of contract terms within selected databases/processes, pricing terms, etc.
● Participates in cross departmental project work, as determined by Manager
● Ensures the contracts are executed in accordance with company policies and procedures
● Manages the contracts through the contract life cycle, including monitor performance of signed agreements, communication of contract requirements to business and technical teams, obtain insurance certificates and manage timely renewals.
● Assists in document retention and legal discovery efforts
Recipe for Success
● Level of education required: Bachelor's Degree
● 4-6 year’s work experience desired in a Legal or Contracts capacity
● Accountability: Operates under normal supervision, within established guidelines. Exercises independent thinking and problem-solving capabilities. Conducts negotiations under supervision or direction.
● Responsibility: Affects all major functional areas of front office and supporting back office functions
● Minimum qualifications: Specific negotiation skills and experience required. Prior negotiation and/or contract/document handling experience desirable
● Self-motivated, work well under stress and shifting priorities. Strong verbal, analytical and writing skills a must
● Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others
● Able to express ideas clearly (verbally, in writing, in private and public settings) and convey necessary information
● Able to interact effectively with all levels of management
● Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results
● Problem Solving: HIGH level of "self-starting" thinking required for analysis, evaluation, creating, reasoning, and drawing conclusions/solutions.
● Self-motivated, able to work under stress and under constantly shifting priorities. HIGH complexity of mental process to achieve in the role in order to come to solutions
● Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
● Proficiency with multiple online tools (in particular, Salesforce, G-Suite, Smartsheet and Microsoft Office)
Cherries on Top
● Experience with voluntary benefits (e.g. critical illness, accident insurance, hospital indemnity, legal plans, pet insurance, student loan refinancing, auto & home, etc.)
● Experience at a technology company
Corestream is reinvigorating the voluntary benefits arena with innovation and experience. We’ve invested countless hours into developing a durable and reliable solution to address the current and future challenges of the benefits and HR sectors. Our unique tools and industry awareness allow employers to offer a rapidly expanding portfolio of benefits without being held hostage by their own technological or resource-related constraints.
We offer a variety of solutions and services within a single integrated platform including:
● Fully white-labeled portal and enrollment solutions that employers can call their own
● The ability to bill multiple benefits through one payroll slot
● A full-service employee discount program that features an ever-expanding list of retailers
● An online, real-time automobile insurance quote comparison app that enables the user to get an instant group auto insurance quote from multiple auto insurers
We make it easy for employers to have a scalable solution in their hands to expand the breadth and depth of voluntary benefits for their employees, while also expanding the definition of employee benefits. We have a driven, flexible, and fun team and offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.s, or disability status.