Homee, Inc. is a venture backed company and the premier on-demand home servicing technology application and we are looking to add to our growing team. The main responsibilities for the HR Generalist position include performing HR-related duties on a professional level and will work closely with senior management in supporting the company’s Human Resource responsibilities. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, candidate recruitment, new employee on-boarding, policy implementation, and employment law compliance.
*****MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN THE TAMPA BAY AREA*****
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
PERFORMANCE ABILITIES & PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Apply knowledge and demonstrate common sense and good judgment, participate in and/or coordinate various projects involving participation of other departments; organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Compose correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions; make accurate mathematical, financial, and statistical computations; enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform assigned work.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrate Strong written and oral communication skills, including grammar, proof reading and editing.
- Exhibit strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and a professional demeanor.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information with tact.
- Work with creativity and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently, as well as, collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Be diplomatic and resourceful.
- Anticipate challenges and effectively resolve conflict by identifying opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or higher with major coursework in human resources, business administration, management, finance, accounting, or related field with three (3) to five (5) years of progressive, responsible administrative experience, preferably in a human resources settings.