Why you'll love the job...
You’ll step into Honeyfund in an essential role, bringing your creativity
and UI/UX expertise to design web solutions for millions of wedding
couples, campaign organizers and contributors. You’ll be a key member of
our stellar product team, working with extremely talented full-stack
engineers to deploy your ideas and solutions!
Why we'll love you...
You’re passionate about what you do! You’ll live and breathe to make our
product more user-friendly and intuitive, both to attract and retain
customers. You’ll advocate for our users and inspire us as a team to
improve our services!
You’re both creative and analytical. A true web designer who is able to
grasp users’ needs, pain points and opportunities and conceive of
elegant solutions. You thoroughly enjoy the creative process and
bringing your ideas to life through front-end web development (HTML and
CSS). You have a strong portfolio of successful projects with
demonstrated success in both desktop and mobile projects.
- Take ownership of the look and feel of all web products within the company (desktop and mobile)
- Work directly with our customers, and product team to identify pain points and opportunities to improve users’ experience and business KPIs
- Create prototypes, wireframes, and pixel-perfect designs to convey your ideas
- Integrate/implement design ideas and prototypes into the product, working with full-stack developers
- Create and maintain the web product style guide (based on existing brand guidelines)
- Update, maintain and optimize our site CSS and SASS code base
- Create web-optimized graphic elements
- Keep abreast of technology improvements and industry trends
- Proven experience as a web designer, UX designer, UI designer or similar role
- 5+ years’ experience designing polished consumer-facing websites
- Passion for delighting the user
- Experience on a Scrum- or Agile-focused team and understanding of minimal viable product.
- Demonstrated consistent ability to deliver on business priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Mastery of HTML 5, CSS 3 and SASS
- Comfortable with Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq Mockups and other relevant tools
- Understanding of image optimization
- Understanding web optimization
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Problem-solving orientation
- Analytical mind with an understanding of how your work impacts the business
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable receiving feedback from colleagues and end users
- Comfortable explaining reasons for design
- Comfortable iterating by incorporating feedback into designs
- Able to clearly communicate your ideas and participate in the conversation to accomplish the company/product objectives and goals
- Provide high-fidelity assets to engineers for use in development, when needed