Our expanding and innovative firm is seeking an experienced Director of Finance to join our team. This position oversees all financial aspects of the business, keeping a pulse on the company's financial position and acting to prevent problems.
The primary objective of this position is to maximize return by establishing financial strategies, policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems, guiding the company towards profitability and long term success.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls & audits
- Maximize return and limit risk on cash by minimizing cash balances and making investments
- Develop annual financial plans and projections for the company
- Conduct weekly and monthly financial assessments and generate reports to be submitted to the senior management team
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Establish and manage departmental budgets and control expenses effectively
- Set up and oversee the company’s financial operating software, such as QuickBooks
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel
- Manage vendor reporting/payments & management
- Oversee risk management & insurance
In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practicesSolid knowledge of financial analysis and forecastingProficient in the use of MS Office and financial management softwareAn analytical mind with a strategic abilityExcellent organizational and leadership skillsOutstanding communication and interpersonal abilitiesBSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plusCPA or other relevant qualification is a plusEthical conductTechnical capacity