KnowBe4, Inc. is a high growth information security company. We are the world’s largest provider of new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing. KnowBe4 was created to help organizations manage the ongoing problem of social engineering. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use KnowBe4’s platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every day.
We are ranked #1 best place to work in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine and have placed #1 or #2 in The Tampa Bay Best Workplaces Survey for the last three years. We also just had our 23rd record-setting quarter in a row!
We are looking for an outstanding software engineer to work on exciting products for KnowBe4’s customers, working in our Artificial Intelligence Group. While you need to understand reasonable software security practices, you do not need to have a background in information security. We just need you to be a great engineer, bring new ideas to the table, and ship software! You’ll work together with other engineers in a fast-paced, agile development environment. Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release software in an environment where innovation is applauded, and minimizing distractions from real work is top priority.
We're Looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge in modern development processes, architectures, software development best practices and demonstrated experience of successful application of those practices
- A strong full stack software development background
- A strong understanding of technical architectures within Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud services
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of docker/containers
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence/collaborate with multiple teams to ensure there is no delay in new releases forecasted on the product roadmap
- A proven track record demonstrating ability to develop high-quality software in a fast paced environment
- Excitement about working with highly-skilled teams, collaborating, and contributing new ideas
- Willingness to learn new programming languages (like Golang) and technologies
- Design and develop Node, Python applications in an agile development environment
- Design and develop back end solutions and APIs with Node, Python
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Collaborate with product managers and fellow engineers to establish and refine requirements
- Strong understanding of Node, Python, Docker
- Experience building commercial web applications using Node and Python
- Able to leverage structured formats like JSON, YAML, XML and related technologies to build scalable, testable RESTful applications.
- Experience with common SQL data layers such as MySQL
- Built applications with current and forward-facing web standards like CSS3 and HTML5
- Used automated unit testing tools
- Used Behavior-driven development (BDD) tools
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud providers
- 5 +years of relevant experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or comparable work experience)
- AWS certifications a plus
- Familiarity with AWS Managed services like DynamoDB, Aurora, Kinesis, ElastiCache, or CI/CD tools such as Terraform, AWS CodeDeploy a plus
- Familiarity with AI technologies a plus
Note: An applicant assessment, background check and drug test may be part of your hiring procedure.
No recruitment agencies, please.