M2Gen | M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
Data Mgt & Acquisition
M2Gen is a health informatics solution subsidiary of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida. M2Gen is the operational and coordinating center for the Oncology Research Information Exchange (ORIEN), an alliance of cancer centers across the US. We strive to be a leader in creating and delivering health informatics solutions through evidence-based approaches to predict and meet the needs of cancer patients. Be part of the cure by joining M2Gen's team and impacting the future of cancer care.
The Medical Informatics Analyst II supports feasibility assessment, analytical, data transfer, and honest broker needs at M2Gen in support of the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN) operations and third party research project activities. This person will be required to meet independently with key stakeholders to synthesize requirements for complex data queries across multiple platforms or data marts. The M2Gen Medical Informatics Analyst II performs complex data queries/analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, pattern and trend analysis to complete research and analysis projects using various medical data sets.
A successful candidate can function on an advanced level using multiple computer platforms, navigate different reporting systems, and applies advanced analytic tool sets. This position also provides complex assessments, identification of business requirements to assist the customer in meeting their data needs. This position will interact with physicians, researchers, administrators and hospital staff (internal and external) to provide prompt and accurate data in compliance applicable regulatory and protocol guidelines.
Job Specific Functions:
· Performs complex data analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, and pattern and trend analysis to complete research and analysis projects using healthcare data.
· Conducts data audit, data quality assurance and quality review procedures datasets/databases, as needed, and reviews quality reports from ORIEN Members or Pharma clients.
· Merges and transforms disparate data sets into useable formats for M2Gen or external data consumers, using custom and industry standard ontologies and variable sets as necessary.
· Will interact with clinical and research staff (internal and external) to provide data request support.
· Collaborates with members of M2Gen Medical Informatics, M2Gen IT, Business Development & Alliance Management, and ORIEN Member Relations to complete complex data integration requests and for quality control issues.
· Applies knowledge of project management to manage active and pending data requests along with incorporating timely completion of requests.
· Applies knowledge of statistical analyses and database management skills to assist in M2Gen Medical Informatics support functions.
· Creates summary reports based on pilot data and requests from M2Gen leadership
· Ensuring data files are transferred according to protocol parameters.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Scientific background in epidemiology, biostatistics, bioinformatics or clinical research.
· Excellent organizational skills
· Experience working in customer-focused environment
· Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills
· Solid communication skills including the ability to communicate with business and technical users at all levels, internally and externally.
Type of experience Required:
· Minimum five (5) years' experience in a hospital, research, or healthcare environment is required.
· Three (3) years performing complex data analysis, ad hoc reporting, data mining, pattern and trend analysis to complete research and operational projects using large healthcare data sets.
· Three (3) years facilitating Electronic Medical Record (EMR) data transfer, analysis, and/or implementation.
· Minimum five (5) years' experience using data query/reporting tools (e.g. Business Objects, Crystal Reports) or similar enterprise business intelligence applications or using statistical applications like SAS, 'R', SPSS or similar applications for data manipulation and statistical analysis.
· Master's Degree in biomedical science, epidemiology or health administration.
· Two years of experience with a focus on Cancer research and/or treatment is highly preferred.
· Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or other related field. Master's Degree preferred.
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.