M2Gen | M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
Data Mgt & Acquisition
M2Gen is a health informatics solution subsidiary of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida. M2Gen is the operational and coordinating center for the Oncology Research Information Exchange (ORIEN), an alliance of cancer centers across the US. We strive to be a leader in creating and delivering health informatics solutions through evidence-based approaches to predict and meet the needs of cancer patients. Be part of the cure by joining M2Gen's team and impacting the future of cancer care.
The Medical Information Specialist is Responsible for data management, quality, and data analysis in the ORIEN & M2Gen Data Systems in compliance with ORIEN & project-level guidelines consistent with the American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer accreditation program and other mandated reporting requirements. Responsible for validating the data retrieval, data comprehension and data integration in the full spectrum of all disease sites, with a primary focus on cancer (Diagnosis; Clinical and Pathological Staging; SEER Summary Staging and Treatment Coding and classification). Maintains clinical data abstraction pipeline, setting team priorities to appropriately match commercial delivery timelines, collaborating cross-functionally to ensure data is appropriately reflected and consumable by impacted data teams.
Technical qualifications including knowledge of the disease process, diagnostic methods and procedures, composition of the health record, data interpretation, and statistical and analytical skills. Responsible for the validation of clinical data submissions for M2Gen-supported protocols, to include concordance with specimen submissions and associated data requirements documentation. Data abstraction into M2Gen data capture tools as needed for quality reporting or project data support.
Skilled in the use of coding and classification sets to include the following: International Classification of Diseases for Oncology (ICD-O), Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program (SEER) Multiple Primary and Histology rule set, Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program (SEER) Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Neoplasm Coding Manual and Database, Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program (SEER) RX - Interactive Drug Database, American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) TNM direct staging of all cancer sites, Facility Oncology Registry Data Standards (FORDS), and the ORIEN & Avatar Data Acquisition Manual.
Training of M2Gen Contractor and ORIEN Member Site abstraction staff will be required, with ongoing data quality benchmarking, monitoring, documentation, and onboarding of new project staff at M2Gen & ORIEN Member sites. Some business travel for site initiation and training is required.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
· Minimum ten (10) years or more cancer registry abstracting or oncology experience and medical record review, to include follow up and case finding responsibilities. Preferably at least eight (8) years or more cancer registry abstracting experience in an American College of Surgeon's Commission on Cancer NCI designated or teaching/research approved program.
· Minimum ten (10) years or more experience in analyzing, coding and abstracting medical records with minimum of five (5) years data quality review and reporting.
· Experience utilizing database technology and multiple EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems.
· Minimum ten (10) years or more working knowledge of medical technology
· Minimum ten (10) years or more working with Microsoft Office and other PC database applications.
· Understanding of research data use and reporting preferred.
· Oncology specific technology preferred.
· Strong typing skills.
· Demonstration of strong verbal, written, listening and analytical skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a quickly changing environment.
· Relevant experience as outlined above in research, academic, scientific or healthcare community
Required Education and Certifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Health Sciences, Epidemiology, Computer Science, RN, or other related field. Master's Degree preferred.
· Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) Certification.
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.