M2Gen | M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
M2Gen Building, President's Plaza 3rd Floor Suite 350, 4904
Clinical & Life Sciences
PRN (As Needed)
M2Gen is a health informatics solution subsidiary of the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute in Tampa, Florida. M2Gen is the operational and coordinating center for the Oncology Research Information Exchange (ORIEN), an alliance of cancer centers across the US. We strive to be a leader in creating and delivering health informatics solutions through evidence-based approaches to predict and meet the needs of cancer patients. Be part of the cure by joining M2Gen's team and impacting the future of cancer care.
The PRN Clinical and Scientific Research Associate(s) support the Scientific Affairs Team. The Associate provides routine and ad hoc support, including, but not limited to literature research, document filing, updating business documents, and coordination of the review of scientific or medical communications materials. This position will report to the Senior Director, Scientific Affairs.
Job Specific Duties:
· Assist in the development/enhancement and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes for the Scientific Affairs department or ORIEN
· Search, pull and review relevant literature for scientific and/or clinical research projects
· Contribute to preparing or writing various scientifically/clinically-focused documents, including educational materials, commercial flyers, manuscripts, abstracts and posters
· Participating in project meetings and conference calls
· Act as a liaison with cross-functional team members to support timely completion of all project deliverables
· Participate in internal and external meeting management and facilitation support to ensure projects and plans move forward
· Perform basic scientific analyses under the supervision of the Scientific Director and other Senior Staff within M2Gen
The Ideal Candidate:
· Intellectually curious, have a passion to problem solve, provide innovative solutions
· Proactively able to solve complex issues in a team environment
· Demonstrates professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, at all business levels
· Exercises independent judgment around routine situations
· Possesses strong organization skills; Ability to perform detail-oriented work and maintain downstream timelines and objectives of projects
· Adapts to changing priorities and is able to successfully multi-task and meet goals
· Ability to be independent, multitask and results oriented with hands-on attitude in a fast-paced and energetic environment
· Ability to develop collaborative and cross-functional relationships
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Minimum Experience and education required:
· Students/trainees currently enrolled in medical professional degree programs, ie APN, PharmD, etc.
· At least 2 years of working experience or advanced training in basic science(s) and/or clinical research. Experience gained in an advanced research training program/course(s) maybe counted towards the 2 years.
· Experience/Proficiency with biomedical literature search and critical review; experience as an author on peer-reviewed publication(s) is highly preferred
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.