Not open to outside recruiting firms. Applicants please apply here. Please do not send resumes directly to any hiring manager.
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you'll be a key member of our Technology Operations team, helping to ensure the reliability and automation of our cloud infrastructure. Your objectives will include:
- Working alongside a team operating our core cloud infrastructure, using Kubernetes in a GCP / GKE environment.
- Being regarded as a core member of our infrastructure team: exhibiting empathy, ownership, collaboration, and “humble confidence.”
- Collaborating and Sharing knowledge: we expect you to share your skills and knowledge with other technical staff in order to increase the competency and performance of the team as a whole.
- On-call schedule: we share an on-call rotation that seeks to balance the needs of supporting a production system with the need for technical staff to disconnect from work on reliable schedules.
- Support the implementation of the organization's security and compliance measures.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure to support the engineering team with the platforms necessary to drive the business' continued growth. You will partner frequently with the software engineering teams at Peerfit to enable continuous improvements in our software shipping methods. You'll collaborate with peers through pairing, code reviews, and team-wide initiatives.
- 3-5 years of professional experience managing digital technologies on IaaS, having experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform.
- Experience with CI / Automation tools such as Gitlab, CircleCI, Travis.
- Experienced in writing approachable, well-encapsulated code whose intentions are clear to other contributors and well-suited for extension and change.
- 1 or more years working in an on-call environment.
- Ability to travel periodically for bi-annual company all-hands meetings.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, tmux, awk
- Experience with Django, Rails, mysql, redis, celery/rabbitmq
- Experience with issue management and code quality tools (e.g. Sentry, CodeClimate)
- General knowledge of software architectural patterns, such as domain-driven design patterns, SOLID principles, the 12-factor app methodology and when they should be applied.
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Enjoys collaborating and working with others in a team environment
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer