Not open to outside recruiting firms. Applicants, please apply here. Please do not send resumes directly to any hiring manager.
Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As a Junior Infrastructure Engineer, you'll collaborate with our Lead Infrastructure Engineer in the delivery of modern infrastructure to support the business and its technical contributors as they undergo scaling this year. Your objectives will include:
- Managing a Google Cloud infrastructure running Kubernetes
- Managing Google Cloud Platform services
- Maintaining IaaS, IAC, Developer Tooling, and Automation Processes
- Help supporting quality and reliability through the management of CI/CD workflows
- Support site-reliability through participation in on-call rotations
- Support the organization's security and compliance measures
You will be joining a growing engineering team of polyglot developers who are working to bring the current platform to its next tier of maturity. The ideal candidate should be prepared to continue to scale and increase robustness through clean code and test coverage, enhance the adaptability and fault tolerance of the system, and help to coordinate key architecture and technology decisions.
We're seeking someone who is solution-oriented, pragmatic, and consensus-driven in their approach to rapidly building a cloud infrastructure that solves real problems in our product and technical domains.
You will be responsible for managing the infrastructure to support the engineering team with the platforms necessary to drive the business' continued growth. You will represent the infrastructure in the coordination of new platform features through full-stack project teams. In addition, you will help to promote increased ownership of infrastructure development across the engineering team, helping to enhance the thoughtfulness of infrastructure concerns in the way we develop applications. You'll collaborate with peers through pair programming, code reviews, and team-wide continuous improvement.
- 1-3 years of professional experience managing digital technologies on IaaS, preferably with experience using Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Basic scripting and automation skills
- Understanding of configuration management
- Understanding of logging and monitoring as it pertains to infrastructure
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative environments
- Comfortable working in an on-call environment
- Ability to document workflows, write reports and update tickets
- Able to travel twice per year for company all-hands meetings
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with Gitlab, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience with SumoLogic, DataDog, Stackdriver
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Strong command of open source tooling including bash, vim, git
- Knowledge of automated workflows for cloud infrastructure
Bachelor’s degree in an information/comp-sci program or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET:
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a fast-paced, goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer.