Interested in working for a team of people completely redefining how fitness and health care work together? At Peerfit, we’re flipping wellness reimbursements on their head by connecting insurers’ and employers’ wellness dollars to popular fitness studios offering CrossFit, yoga, barre, boot camp, cycling, and more. If working with a team of innovative and driven people who are modernizing how people engage with wellness excites you, look no further than Peerfit.
As an Engineering Team Lead you will be responsible for leading a team of API Engineers reporting up to the Director of Backend Engineering. You will act as an advocate to the team by facilitating weekly retrospectives along with various real-time and asynchronous interactions that support directional alignment, growth, and community. You’ll provide regular insights into the health and velocity of the team and the robustness and ergonomics of the technologies reported up to other members of the Product Leadership team. You’ll help work backwards from KPIs around test coverage and performance objectives alongside product and engineering goals and milestones, helping to promote sustainable pace, pragmatic solutions, and solving problems from first principles.
You will perform weekly 1:1s with a team of 4-6 API & Service Engineers. As part of this cadence, you will work with individuals to set personal goals that help drive growth in their areas of strength and professional development along with goals that align with department and company objectives. You will work with the Director of Backend Development to coordinate product efforts across you and your team, being a successful delegator but also capable of jumping in and assisting with technical contribution. You will also work closely with the Backend Engineering Advisor to align on architecture, technical strategy, and team knowledge development.
- 8-10+ years of experience in software engineering related roles, preferably using modern web technologies
- Experience with a broad range of languages, frameworks, databases, and supporting technologies for cloud-based architecture
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Excellent listener and skilled at tailoring messages to various audiences
- Comfortable providing feedback and knowledgeable in how to craft it such that it motivates and uplifts while still being direct about the goals and objectives
- Strong positive attitude and committed to being the team’s cheerleader even during difficult or challenging periods
- History of successfully coaching/mentoring individuals through meaningful career milestones
- Confident in consensus building strategies and capable of driving disagreement toward solutions while promoting and cultivating trust
- Equipped to approach difficult conversations with integrity and empathy
NICE TO HAVES
- Understanding of service-based architectures, domain driven design, or similar methodologies
- 2+ years of experience leading teams or acting as a coach/mentor
- Passionate about investing in others and providing servant leadership
- Adopts a question-first approach to understanding problems and approaches guidance and criticism with humility
WHO WE NEED: (Intangibles)
- Passionate about health and fitness
- Desires to have a role in the growth of a startup
- Stays motivated and knows how to be persistent
- Is self-directed
- Can work remotely and make decisions autonomously at a high level
- Flexibility to handle changing responsibilities
WHAT YOU GET
- The opportunity to help expand the impact of Peerfit across the United States…and, someday, the world!
- The chance to work in a relaxed, yet goal-driven start-up culture with a passion for fitness
- Peerfit credits to attend fitness classes.
- Chance to work remotely with flexible scheduling
- Health Insurance & other benefits
Peerfit is an Equal Opportunity Employer