Why is an Account Executive important to us at SOMA?SOMA Platform
An Account Executive is the first contact many of our Clients and Partners will have and are the keepers of our client's relationship. An Account Executive is a true Subject-Matter Expert (SME), consultant, or an individual that comes from a public safety background. They have taken that call, arrived at that scene, and felt the stress that takes its toll. An SME focuses on understanding an agency's needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and smart Account Executive who is an inspirational and experienced team motivator. The Account Executive is responsible for growing our client base and consistently drives to deliver strong relationships and a loyal brand following.
You take an entrepreneurial approach, are highly results-driven and target-focused and are a fast mover. You see the big picture and are a great team player, effectively working with individuals across our client base. We value big ideas and creative execution; cultivate open and honest relationships; we are results-driven; and are always ensuring that SOMA's principles and values are communicated and instilled in our client relationships.
What are the responsibilities of an Account Executive?
- Build go-to-market plans for growing government clients within your assigned territory
- Proactively develop account plans to identify and close new opportunities for growth
- Intimately navigate sales cycles with prospects, opportunities and stakeholders
- Collaborate with the management team to negotiate contracts in procurement
- Qualify opportunities based on SOMA’s sales methodology and metrics, to include client fit and success criteria
- Demonstrate the unique value proposition of the SOMA Platform by presenting and recommending SOMA Solutions
- Diligently documenting, tracking and unitizing the full-suite of internal tools (CRM, etc.) to grow the client base
- Work closely with marketing on campaigns and product to deliver feedback from the field
- Drive team to meet and exceed metric expectations; understand how to leverage the team to improve outcomes and take action to meet goals.
- Be a confident problem solver, create a solutions orientated environment.
- Shepherd processes strategically including key stakeholders as needed.
- Create a positive atmosphere for collaboration across clients.
- Insure that SOMA's principles values are instilled in all projects and all aspects are aligned with our brand.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 8+ years of software solution sales and or account management experience to Government Customers
- A proven track record in meeting/exceeding individual targets and quotas
- Previous experience with a value based sales, 'solution selling', target account sales, 'complex sales' or similar sales methodology
- Proven success selling SaaS solutions
- Proactive team member with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and desire to independently interact with multi-functional teams
- Passionate about client experience, understands the importance to an organization
- Clear, concise communicator who can build collaborative and positive relationships
- Approachable with a problem-solving attitude and a smile
- Past experience providing solutions/sales/software into the public sector/government is highly desired
- Past experience as a public safety employee is desired
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Competitive salaries/commissions
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Long term incentive plan
- Apple equipment
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...