The Penny Hoarder | St. Petersburg, FL
As our Marketing Automation Specialist you’ll be an integral part of our Digital Product Marketing Team. You’ll be responsible for supporting a best-in-class audience acquisition and retention program for multiple channels including, but not limited to email, and sms. Technical responsibilities will include testing, building and maintaining our front-end lead generation and content campaigns within the environments of our third party marketing platforms. You’ll also relentlessly monitor and audit the health of our databases and the integrity of our segments, playing a critical role in the assessment of acquisition/retention campaigns, ROI and LTV metrics. The role will be a power user of our marketing automation and CRM platforms, supporting strategic marketing leadership as a marketing technologist.
In this role you will:
- Support our product marketing strategies by handling the setup, execution and tracking of online aspects of marketing programs, including email marketing, lead nurturing, acquisition, landing pages, lead capture widgets, segmentation and targeting, and performance tracking
- Proactively make recommendations to create efficient funnel workflows and triggered marketing branches to support an overarching omni-channel strategy
- Monitors and reports on lifetime value and engagement KPIs by source and cohort
- Performs regular content analysis -- drawing insights that can be applied to existing and future content strategies
- Implement and collect data from test campaigns, including messaging, frequency and cadence, optimizing for deliverability and engagement
- Leverage marketing platform features such as frequency and channel optimization to optimize our audience engagement metrics
- Identify areas to improve processes to drive efficiencies
- Monitor, analyze and report on the overall health of our email & sms programs
- Manage the campaign calendar for multiple channels, scheduling the promotion of native products, partner campaigns
- Play a central role in building third party technical integrations, including testing and validation, identifying and collaborating with our technology team to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Be responsible for audience database integrity including: data hygiene, processes and optimization
- Document development of marketing platform processes, workflows, and integration points
- Provide day-to-day system maintenance and configuration of the systems, and act as the first line of defense for troubleshooting and overall support
- Oversee and implement documentation and training as needed to end users
- Ensure that the sync between lead, campaign and internal data to ensure the systems’ integrations are working optimally
- Provide recommendations on new platform features and/or best practices to increase productivity and campaign effectiveness
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications or business
- 3-5 years of relevant experience including email marketing, email automation and CRM experience
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent project management skills and organizational skills: capacity to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and communicate with all levels of management
- Solid understanding of web and web technology (HTML, CSS) and the ability and desire to expand current technical skillset
- Sharp digital analytics acumen
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Hands-on experience with inbound and lifecycle campaigns and working knowledge of the digital media landscape
- Experience using and creating reports from sales and marketing tools
- A high-level of self-motivation and the ability to work well as an individual and within a team environment
- We’ll see it as a plus if you also bring experience using and creating reports from platforms such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, Iterable
- SQL experience also a plus
About The Penny Hoarder
Founded in 2010, The Penny Hoarder is one of the largest personal finance websites in the United States, averaging 12 to 17 million monthly readers.
In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company for the second consecutive year, and 25th fastest-growing private company on their Inc. 5000 list. In addition, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
Our content includes interesting ways for readers to make, save and manage their money and has been featured by media outlets such as Fox News, CNBC, Oprah.com, Yahoo.com and Forbes.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company, which gives us the freedom to determine our own path forward. It also allows us to provide competitive salaries and benefits to all our employees.
Perks of joining us include: working out of our beautiful office in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida; healthcare coverage for you and your family; option to work from home one day a week; retirement plan with match; unlimited sick time; generous vacation policy; cell phone and laptop reimbursement; annual learning budget to help you improve your skills and grow your network. In 2017, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.