The Penny Hoarder | St. Petersburg, FL
Are you an organizational guru? Is your jam making sure that a sprint and/or project runs in the best Agile format that works for your Dev Team? Do you love figuring out processes that will make your team shine and look like the Rock Stars they are?
The Penny Hoarder, one of the nation’s largest personal finance news brands, is seeking a Scrum Master/ Agile Project Manager to join our amazing team.
Who you are:
- You? - well, you are Scrum Master certified (PSM I, CSM)
- Your background looks similar to 2+ years of experience as a Scrum Master and 1+ years of Agile Project Management
- Yours is a servant leadership style; a coach, a mentor, a role model per say
- You love to make reports that show how phenomenal the Team and project health are doing (Burn Up/Down Chart, status reports, etc.)
- You have the ability to push back (say no) on scope creep and disruption to the sprint but in a way that fosters trust and understanding with the client/stakeholder
- You have the ability to take a solution or an Ask from the business and ensure that the outcome reconciles to the goals.
- You have a history of ownership, responsibility and self-management.
What you’ll do:
- Be the Master of Scrum - Zuul - The Gatekeeper - Organizational Overlord - however you address yourself - by having all the ceremonies, you know the ones, Stand-up, Grooming, Retro etc.
- Constantly revisit processes to tweak it to the next iteration - it is Agile after all.
- Translating tech speak into English so everyone else can understand
- Ensure the Team is fully functional and productive, shielding them from external impediments (obstacles) that prevent them from “get to done”
- Be the teams champion!
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and corral the backlog
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving
- Facilitate getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Mentoring Team members and promoting Agile thinking across the team and company
- Gather requirements for a project, create a plan of action (including timeline, tasks and documentation) for an agile project and build it into a sprint format
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency to the company. You are able to communicate well and form relationships with other teams, stakeholders etc. Communication, lots of communication, did I say communication already?
- Must have the requisite agile knowledge of software development experience to coach and guide Development Team members on how to improve their mad skills
- The finesse to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management when needed
- Knowledge of Wrike, Jira or some other popular Agile software
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related field preferred or 5 years equivalent technical experience
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC) is a huge bonus!
- PMP certification would be great but not necessary if you have experience
- Proficient in multiple Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience moving teams and organizations from Waterfall to Agile methodologies
About The Penny Hoarder
Founded in 2010, The Penny Hoarder is one of the largest personal finance websites in the United States, averaging 12 to 17 million monthly readers.
In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked The Penny Hoarder as the No. 1 fastest-growing private media company for the second consecutive year, and 25th fastest-growing private company on their Inc. 5000 list. In addition, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
Our content includes interesting ways for readers to make, save and manage their money and has been featured by media outlets such as Fox News, CNBC, Oprah.com, Yahoo.com and Forbes.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable company, which gives us the freedom to determine our own path forward. It also allows us to provide competitive salaries and benefits to all our employees.
Perks of joining us include: working out of our beautiful office in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida; healthcare coverage for you and your family; option to work from home one day a week; retirement plan with match; unlimited sick time; generous vacation policy; cell phone and laptop reimbursement; annual learning budget to help you improve your skills and grow your network. In 2017, The Penny Hoarder ranked No. 2 on Entrepreneur's list of small-sized companies with the best cultures.
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.