The Penny Hoarder | St. Petersburg, FL
Branded Content/Marketing Writer
Do you have experience writing branded content for a media company or agency? Can you climb into the mind of readers and use data to write creative, effective, useful articles that convert for our clients?
The Penny Hoarder, one of the nation’s largest personal finance brands, is seeking a branded content writer to add to our team. In this role, you will write for our website and other platforms to help readers with their personal finances and to help clients build their businesses.
You will work in our award-winning office space in downtown St. Petersburg, with short walks to a variety of restaurants and shops. You also can enjoy free snacks and beverages as you work in our collaborative, supportive, high-performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops branded content ideas and approaches that resonate with readers, such as by showing an offer’s unique value, ease of use, trustworthiness and element of surprise
- Collaborates effectively with internal teams on client needs and positioning with readers
- Maintains a nimble approach, making content changes based on client and revenue needs
- Writes sponsored posts in a useful, engaging, non-salesy way that leads to strong click-through rates
- Applies insights from revenue and engagement analytics to improve conversion rates
- Interviews experts and other people
- Responds effectively to editor guidance, answering questions and challenges with appropriate changes to story
- Helps with editing on an as-needed basis
- May take on additional career-building opportunities, such as event appearances, participation in videos, speaking engagements and special projects
Technical Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional media writing experience in branded content
- Has an understanding of performance marketing and branded content
- Working knowledge of AP style
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other analytics platforms
Interpersonal Skills Required
- Consistently meets goals and deadlines
- Highly accountable; takes ownership for their work
- Consistently brings a positive attitude to work so others want to work with them; demonstrates a sincere desire to keep learning and improving
- Good listener; communicates with intention and takes responsibility for how their words are interpreted.
- Collaborates well with staffers across the company, maintaining highly productive relationships
- Accepts feedback and guidance with a positive attitude and adjusts accordingly to meet the needs of the team and company
- Manages time efficiently and prioritizes tasks well
- Embraces change; adapts to the needs of the team and company
About The Penny Hoarder
The Penny Hoarder envisions a world with less money stress. By sharing interesting and actionable ways to earn, save and manage money, we empower our readers to make smart choices with their money. The Penny Hoarder’s team is headquartered in the beautiful and walkable downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. For more information, visit: http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance with 100% of premiums covered (health, dental and vision)
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Parking/communications allowance
- Free beverages and snacks
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.