The Penny Hoarder | St. Petersburg, FL
The Penny Hoarder envisions a world where there is less money stress.. We’re looking for a Financial Analyst/Accounting Specialist who will join us in our pursuit to make that vision a reality.
This role reports to the Finance Director and is a unique opportunity to contribute to a key area of growth for the company. You’ll be a member of a strategic and enterprising team that’s responsible for evolving our finance and accounting department, as well as developing relationships throughout the organization.
Our ideal candidate should be motivated, eager and passionate about accounting and financial reporting as disciplines and excited to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We’re looking for a strong communicator with a solid work ethic and excellent organizational skills; someone who can work both independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively as part of a strategic team.
In this position, you’ll…
- Manage general ledger accounts and month-end close activities: prepare and adjust journal entries, manage the A/R & A/P function, perform account analysis and reconciliations
- Have responsibility for timely and 100% accurate financial reporting
- Devote time to financial risk management, especially with regard to accounts receivable
- Prepare and analyze financial reports which include key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting with reliable conclusions that senior management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and speak effectively with senior management on results
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Assist the Finance Director with financial forecasts and budgets
- Assist in the implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and strengthen internal controls
- Respond to internal/external inquiries
- Perform other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Finance Director
We’re looking for someone with…
- The investigative tools of a Financials Analyst with the disciple and detail orientation of an Accounting Specialist
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum four years of relevant experience
- Strong fluency with Excel, basic experience in Word & Powerpoint
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Resourcefulness; a true desire to figure things out
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, excellent communication skills and ability to work independently and within small teams
- Strong time management capabilities, ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
We’ll see it as a bonus if you also have….
About The Penny Hoarder:
The Penny Hoarder envisions a world with less money stress. By sharing interesting and actionable ways to earn, save and manage money, we empower our readers to make smart choices with their money. The Penny Hoarder’s team is headquartered in the beautiful and walkable downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. For more information, visit: http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/
Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance with 100% of premiums covered (health, dental and vision)
- Paid Time Off
- 7 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Parking/communications allowance
- Free beverages and snacks
If you found this job on Indeed or another website, please navigate to our website to apply, so you can answer our application questions. You can read more about what it’s like to work with us at http://thepennyhoarder.com/careers.